Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Lucky Chinatown Mall

Recently I went to Divisoria to get my necessities for this school year/dorm life. And I have discovered a treasure located at the heart of Binondo and that is the Lucky Chinatown Mall. I was exhausted and famished as I exited the sweaty crowd of people making last minute shopping bargains in the busy, busy stalls that they call "pasilios" in 168.

I was surprised to see these towering towers of what seemed to be condominiums placed smack in front of me. I entered the vicinity ad there were still closed stalls and something else caught my attention: a sign that said "This way to Lucky Chinatown Mall" so I nudged my mom  who was currently looking at moderately-priced blankets and we immediately headed towards that direction. And there it was, high-glassed doors, gleaming store signs, and the smell of freshly-baked bread from Bread Talk, I knew that this had to be THE Lucky Chinatown Mall. It was a change from the usual cramped structures around Divisoria and my, the stores reminded me of the usual that could be found around the Metro.

My mother and I headed towards Bread Talk and too bad their famous floss bread was still in the oven, people really withstood the long lines just for their bread and it really made me want to consume the bread on my tray as I patiently waited for my turn. There was a melting pot of people in the mall as we moved along to scour the different parts of the mall. Cinemas can be located at the top floor of the building and there were already a handful of designer stores on the ground floor, and we're just getting started!

We settled to have our caffeine fix at Starbucks and as a coffee enthusiast, I must say that it was one of the most unique Starbucks stores that I have ever seen. It had an oriental touch to it and it was different from the usual American feel that the establishment gave you and having actual Chinese people around me made me feel like I was in China or something. Enjoying my Green Tea Soy Cream Frappe, we resumed to exploring the floors of this exceptional commercial center. Aldo, Mango, etc. was set to open soon and there were also Chinese restaurants that also looked enticing.





No comments:

Post a Comment